People naturally speak the love language they understand, but most of the time, the love language they speak is not the love language the lover they are speaking it to understand. Therefore, it is not only important for us to have a love language, we must also try to understand the love language of the person we love, so that we will communicate love to him or her in a way he or she understands. These are five languages of love, which are;
1. LANGUAGE OF QUALITY TIME; This love language entails spending time with the person you love. Some people don’t need your gift, what they appreciate is your time, all they want is your attention. If you like you can buy them a mansion, it won’t please them until they get your time. Maybe you believe in speaking your love through gift and you keep buying him or her gift, he or she won’t really appreciate it, until give him or her attention.
2. WORD OF AFFIRMATION; This love language entails expressing your love through words. Some people just want to keep hearing you confess your love to them always. Every other thing you do to them or for them won’t mean a thing to them until they hear you say those three words; “I LOVE YOU”. This is common amongst ladies. They just want to hear you re-affirm those words.
3. LANGUAGE OF SERVICE; This love language entails expressing your love through assistance. You may be speaking other love languages, but it won’t please them, because all they want from you is to assist them. When he is making research, he wants you to be documenting it. When she takes a step, she wants you to help her take the next step. If you like tell such people how much you love them, you can even tell them love stories, it won’t please them.
4. LANGUAGE OF PHYSICAL TOUCH; This love language entails genuine touch, and it boosts confidence. Some people just want you to hold their hands in public. They are not interested in anything else. She wants to hug you in public to proudly show to the world that you are her man. This love language is very sensitive and the unwise have abused it.
5. LANGUAGE OF GIFT; This love language entails presentation of gift. Some people just want gifts, they cherish the gift so much. A young lady got a gift of a wristwatch from her man, she abandoned other wristwatches, she even wore it to sleep. Her colleagues admired the wristwatch, she quickly replied that it was her man that got it for her. Instead saying so many words, some people want a gift that they will use to boast about you or look on when they miss you.
The candid truth is that you may not have same love language with your love-mate, so he or she won’t understand your love language. Therefore, there is need for each one of us to study to understand the love language our love-mates understand, in order to communicate love to each other effectively…BE WISE…!!!
Raising a purpose-driven generation.